Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Christmas is 6 sleeps away! (phrasing c/o my niece).  So much for continual communication in the last two months.  This time of year is always, always, always busy for us.  And of top of birthdays, anniversary, holidays, parties, I have made a lot of Christmas presents, one birthday present and two Christmas stockings...and I am still not done.  The To-Do list includes:  buy two presents, finish one ginormous present (by Saturday at lunch), make three other presents, and make fudge and package the fudge for everyone.  Why do I do this to myself?  Strangely enough I am not entirely stressed out about all of this.  Work has been so hard and emotionally trying that making things seems to be my one outlet (running would be too if I was running...that 2 month recap is not going to be that great). 

To share a little of our Christmas with you all...I present our new stockings.  These are the first stockings that Hubby and I have ever had in 14 years of marriage.  I think they are pretty good for my first stocking attempt.


Hubby's stocking is made out of wool that I found at a thrift store.  I quilted the cuff for a little detail.  It is hard to tell in this photo, but I quilted the cuff in orange thread.



I attempted a chevron pattern on my stocking.  The points did not line up so well...but again...first stockings (I have to give myself little little pep talks every once and a while).  It is unique and somecolor coordinates somewhat with Hubby's.

I used the free McCall's pattern that I found on Megan Nielson's blog to make the stockings.  I cut my stockings a bit bigger (to fill it with more stuff of course).  Not really, I like a fuller stocking.

I can't wait to fill Hubby's this Saturday night!  And of course I can't wait to see mine filled this Sunday!

Merry Christmas!

~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!