Friday, December 2, 2011

What Are You Giving For Christmas?


This year I wrote a list of everyone to whom I want to give presents (mainly family).  I made a spread sheet...because I am a nerd...to track what I am spending on supplies and gifts.  Most everyone will be receiving a handmade gift with the exception of the nephews who will receive store bought goods.  Hubby is even getting in on the helping me out with Christmas because I have noooo idea what to buy or make for men.

Every year I have a budget for each person...it is not much...$10-$15 per person on a store bought or handmade gift.  Yep, you read that right.  This year I had to tighten the strings a lot.  Basically, I have raided my stash of supplies to make gifts, and I purchased the supplies I don't have stashed in my closet.

I decided to do all of this before I watched the Advent Conspiracy 2011 video.  I am not patting myself on the back at all.  I like that I am already doing half of what the video suggests, but now I would like to do the other half of what the video is suggesting...help people obtain clean drinking water.  For the past 7 years I have been working towards being in a position to help people with the basic need of clean drinking water.  This has been in the form of schooling, testing, gaining experience and more testing.  I did not need to do all of this to help, but I want my future work to benefit those who need everyday practical help, instead of just working to pay my bills.  Honestly, I don't know how this will play out, but I am going to actively seek the answers.

For now, all of us can help.  Please join me in giving to a water organization of your choice...whether it is a large donation or even a couple of bucks.  If we all put in a couple of bucks, significant changes can be made.

~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!