Monday, June 6, 2011

Babies, Babies and More Babies

Every year there are a slew of women in our lives who have babies.  Last year there were at least six women at our church who had babies within four months of each other.  Right now there are six pregnant women that I know about.  Three of those women are my sisters.  My sister had her little boy in March, my SIL will be having her little boy in August, and my new SIL of seven months is due in December.  So exciting for our family!   

Last Saturday I went to a baby shower for a friend who is having a little girl.  I made a cute little appliqued onesie and a pair of red booties.

 




I used this tutorial for the applique, but I changed the ruffle a bit.  The shiny red yarn was a gift from my sister's MIL.  I was not sure how the booties would turn out since this is not the type of yard I would normally use.  But I think they turned out pretty cute...and they kind of remind me of red patent shoes.

I have been promising my sister that I would make a tie onesie for Little Mister.  Here it is:




Little Mister will look so handsome in his onesie. 

What do you think?

Have a great week!  ~Leslie


3 comments:

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!