Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh, To Get Snail Mail Again...

Do remember when you used to get letters in the mail?  Those were the good ole days.  I pulled out my baby book recently and found postcards from Yellowstone.  I was only 9 months old and my Grandmother and Great Grandmother both wrote to me, and it was really special to see those cards.  I remember when my husband and I wrote letters to each other when we were apart for weeks at a time.  Or when my sister and I were living in different states for the first time in our lives...we wrote letters to one another.  The computer had come of age, but it was fun to write...email was not that big of a deal for me.  I used to write little encouraging notes to people, just to brighten their day.  It has been along time since I wrote a letter, let alone a note.














These notecards were easy to make.  1.)  Cut 8.5 x 11 cardstock into 4 cards (or if you want a folded card, just cut the cardstock in half).  2.)  Cut fabric into desired shapes.  3.)  Put glue on the back of the fabric (I used Tacky Glue, dotted it on, and then used a brush to smooth it out).  4.)  Place the fabric on the cardstock.  And Wa La, you have a card ready to go.  You can use pre-made envelopes, or make your own.  Make a stack and give them as a gift, start writing your honey love letters again, or write a note to a friend.  Any way you give the cards, someone will enjoy them.

Have a Great Weekend!  ~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!