Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Charming Lady

A good friend of mine, Melissa, celebrated her birthday last Sunday.  (Melissa, I can't remember how old you are...but since you never remember that I am in my mid-thirties, I don't feel bad...and, Thank You).   Melissa is creative, fun, and likes to hang out with me...always a plus.  She has a great style that is unique and bold.  One Sunday I noticed a necklace she had on...it was a charm necklace with funky charms.  I have seen charm necklaces around, thinking they were not cool and reminiscent of the plastic ones I had back in the 80's, but she totally made the charm necklace cool and unique.  Melissa always finds such fun things to wear.  For her birthday, I made her a charm for her necklace.




The flower bead is made of bone and the striped bead is lampwork (I don't know what that is, but it was in the lampwork drawer at the bead store).  I strung each charm with a head pin, attached a jump ring, wrapped the headpins, and attached a clasp.  Simple, cute, and ready to be attached to a necklace.




Happy Birthday Melissa!  Love you!

~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!