Friday, June 10, 2011

That's A Wrap Bracelet

I think I may have ventured in geeky title realm.  And, I think it could qualify for a Wheel of Fortune category.  Any idea which one?  Because I don't know.

A couple of weeks ago I watched this video on how to make wrap bracelets.  That same day I stopped by a craft store and picked up a couple of supplies.  The next night I sat down and made this wrap bracelet.  I could not wait.  It was fun and easy to make.
 

The next weekend, I showed my Mom and she said "I want one."  Here you go Mom.



And I made another one for me.



The turquoise beads in my bracelet remind me of small world (as in I am looking at earth from space).  It is a little funky, but I like how it turned out.

I have been wearing these bracelets (not my Mom's) almost everyday since I made them.

A couple of tips if you decide to make this bracelet:  1) Use round beads that are the same size.  2) I used a different type of cement than what was recommended in the video.  Either I did not let the cement dry long enough or it peels off easily.  Try the recommended cement.  3) I made the bracelets to wrap around twice.  My wrist is 6.5", so I only had to use one yard of leather.  If your wrist is larger, then you will have to use more leather.  My bracelet fits just snug, but move just a little (was that vague enough?).

I am spending the weekend working on a few To-Do-List projects (not the list on the blog...I always have a few lists running simultaneously)What do you all have planned for the weekend?

Have A Good One!  ~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!