Thursday, August 30, 2012

Miss Sock Monkey


Fall is coming early...I am not complaining...I love fall...probably because my birthday is in the fall...and maybe some other reasons.  I had plans to settle down this summer and sew, but trips took the place of sewing.  Fun road trips to visit family and friends.  Pictures are coming soon.

I always wonder if my homemade presents will last (ahem...insecurity), and seeing this sock monkey years after it was given is very encouraging.  This is Monkey and I made her for my niece's 2nd birthday 5 1/2 years ago.  Monkey has been repaired a few times, but she is still being enjoyed by her owner.  I have seen Monkey sleep in, twirl and dance, use a hammer, and be lovingly carried around by her best friend.  A couple of weeks ago the pretty little owner asked for new clothes for Monkey so that Monkey can dress up a bit.  I will have to see if I can make that happen.

I want to encourage those of you who like to make presents:  One, When you make a gift for someone you not only create something for a person, but you actually think about that person while you are making the gift.  Two, Making a gift allows you to put your personality into the gift...a little bit of what you have to offer is shared with someone else.  Three, You enjoy yourself when making the gift.  So, with these little pieces of advice...Christmas is in less than three months, so start making your gifts now.  Trust me.

~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!