Saturday, April 7, 2012

Quickie Necklace

So...I moved my sewing area A.G.A.I.N.  I kind of like the new layout, but there is a pile on the floor, a pile in my bedroom and more stuff in my closet.  I have too much stuff.  As soon as I can make the room presentable (and act like I don't live like a craft slob), then pictures I will share some pictures. 

This week's Craft Marathon challenge is Royal Blue.  Once again I walked to my baskets of fabric to look for royal blue fabric.  There were bits of royal blue in other pieces fabric, but nothing that I really wanted to use.  As I was walking around the pile on the floor, I noticed a small square of royal blue fabric that I had cut from a piece that will one day be a Crescent skirt (I am working on the muslin right now, so this is your teaser for the skirt that I will be sewing).  That little piece of fabric turned into a necklace...an easy necklace...as in I stood at my ironing board making the necklace...easy.



I fused the fabric to wooden disks with Heat N Bond, glued them together, added emboridery thread, and added a bead and tied loop on the ends for the closure.



What do you think?  Anyone interested in a tutorial?  Let me know.

Have a fantastic weekend. 

Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!