Friday, April 8, 2011

Um ... For the Birds ... Sure, That Will Work :)

The title is a little lame.  My brain is not functioning even with the coffee I drank a couple of hours ago.

Friday came early this week and I am not sure what I accomplished.  Ever have weeks like that?  I did finish this little project.  I saw a post on taking felt scraps and making a mobile or a window hanging.  Since it is spring and the birds are chirping away I decided that birds were a better option.

The most time consuming part of this project was cutting everything out.  I made a bird template and a circle template, and then cut each shape out of different colors of felt.  Then I sewed the birds and circles into a string using a cream thread on the needle and a green thread in the bobbin.  Next I threaded three strands of embroidery thread into the top bird and then I braided the strands together.  I made six strings of birds each with a different amount of birds so there was not that much symmetry.  There is always symmetry in my projects, but I tried to mix it up a bit.  Hopefully my sister will let me hang them up in my nephew's room in front of the window or in front of the closet doors.  You might remember the butterflies in the previous post...well, those will be for my niece's new big girl bedroom.  Post to come later.

























I hope everyone has a great weekend.  What are you doing this weekend?  Something fun I hope.  ~Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!