Monday, April 11, 2011

I Wear Short Shorts...Not Really

In my previous post I mentioned that I joined Project ReStyle.  My first restyled project is a new pair of shorts.  I took a pair of cords that have seen better days and that had a hole in a very undesirable location and rehabbed them so that I can wear them this summer.  My before picture turned out too blurry, so all I have for you are the after pictures.


I used the discarded legs of the cords to make patches; one regular patch and two embroidered patches.  I put the patch that covered the hole near the zipper (the one that showed everyone my undies) on the inside and zig-zagged the patch on.  It turned out a little messy, but I don't think anyone will notice.  Then I embroidered a couple of patches and sewed them onto the pants to make them less boring.   I left the edges raw and washed them to make them fray a bit.

Frontside Patch and Other Patch
Backside Patch


















Year after year I never think of cutting off my pants to make shorts.  But when I can spend $0 on a new pair of shorts, I will cut off my pants.

Have you started altering clothes for the summer, or are you going to just buy new clothes?

Happy Monday!  I hope you have a great day! ~Leslie

3 comments:

  1. I like the embroidery on the patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should call it a "Bunzer" patch instead of an "Backside" patch. My question to all who will listen is, can dudes get away with these type of patches or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Adam
    Is that a hint that I need to patch your holey pants and put buttons on them too?

    ReplyDelete

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!