Monday, March 5, 2012

A Not So Hard Seat



We bought our house about four and a half years ago, and with the house came this great dining booth.  We had tables made just for the booth and the previous owners left boards that fit the booth for cushions.  I have looked for fabric since we have moved in, but being the cheapskate that I am I just could not fork out the dough for heavy duty fabric.  One day at work I took a little stroll to deliver a package and on my way back to the office I stopped by the thrift store.   I headed back to the fabric section and I found a roll of cream and black striped fabric.  One of the volunteers offered to help me figure out the yardage...which totalled 8 yards.  I asked how much and she said $6.  Sold.  I am always in awe of those who steal find steals at thrift stores.  And now I am one.


Over the weekend I tackled these suckers.  17+ feet of boards, foam, batting and fabric.  I think it took about 2.5 hours to do all of the cushions.  And I used the wrong side of the fabric because I was not thinking about what I was doing.  It is a subtle change but it warms up the spot nicely.






I need to add some pillows to make it cozy and add some interest to the table.  It is boring, I know.  Please ignore that ugly chandelier.  We need a new one.

Any home decor projects going on in your home?

Leslie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essie Sews is a drama free, mean free, spam free zone. I reserve the right to remove any of said type of comments. I don't mind differing opinions, however when they cross over into mean, then I mind. Thanks for understanding!